By Edward Tomarken
Read or Download As You Like It: Critical Essays: 17 (Shakespeare Criticism) PDF
Similar shakespearean literature literature books
This publication is a detailed exam of 1 of Shakespeare's such a lot debatable characters: Prince Hal/Henry V. From his early tavern dalliances with Sir John Falstaff, to his assumption of the English throne, to his army successes and marriage, the research weighs his many disparate traits, corresponding to allure, aggression, wit, and religion, in addition to his courting to questions on strength, faith, and morality that dominate Shakespeare's background performs.
Jalaluddin Rumi and William Shakespeare are thought of to be the best poets of Persian and English literature, respectively. besides the fact that, there's even more in universal among those titans of poetry who lived a few 350 years and 2,000 miles aside. In his Sonnets, Shakespeare stated that his writings have been encouraged via Rumi’s poetry.
For Jeffrey Masten, the historical past of sexuality and the historical past of language are in detail comparable. In Queer Philologies, he experiences specific phrases that light up the heritage of sexuality in Shakespeare's time and analyzes the equipment we've got used to review intercourse and gender in literary and cultural historical past.
The Shakespeare ebook of Lists catalogs Shakespeare's existence, his instances, his use of language and selection of phrases, the easiest and such a lot insulting traces from his performs and poems, the actors who've played his performs, the theaters the place they've been played, and the movies, movies, and spin-offs we have now all grown to like.
- Medieval Shakespeare
- The Meaning of Shakespeare, Volume 2 (Phoenix Books)
- Ecocritical Shakespeare (Literary and Scientific Cultures of Early Modernity)
- Visions of Venice in Shakespeare (Anglo-Italian Renaissance Studies)
- Sovereign Flower - Wilson Kni: On Shakespeare as the Port of Royalism Together with Related Essays and Indexes to Earlier Volumes: Volume 11 (G. Wilson Knight Collected Works)
- Shakespearean Intertextuality: Studies in Selected Sources and Plays (Contributions in Drama & Theatre Studies)
Additional info for As You Like It: Critical Essays: 17 (Shakespeare Criticism)
As You Like It: Critical Essays: 17 (Shakespeare Criticism) by Edward Tomarken